The year 2020 has been a challenge for businesses everywhere, especially as pandemic closures had negative impacts on many. But the good news is that 2020 is ending and a new year is on the horizon. The past year has changed the way businesses and individuals live life. Remote work, which has been a growing entity for years, is now becoming the norm. Having an online presence for businesses is even more important now that so many people are doing their shopping online. As we get ready for a new year, Denver content marketing firm Denver Website Designs, has some predictions on what we might see in terms of content marketing trends.
As more and more small businesses pivot to an online approach to carrying out work, an organized content marketing strategy is even more important than ever before. Content creation and content distribution is done on the fly with many companies. This approach might have been okay in the past, but if businesses want to beat out their competition, they need to have documented content marketing strategies.
Here are some tips small businesses can use to ramp up their content marketing strategies:
- Establish clear goals for your business, whether it’s brand image, improving conversions, and increasing sales
- Create complete customer journeys with answers to their pain points
- Build customer profiles to have a clear picture of your market
- Create a content calendar for all content, including ads, emails, newsletters, and blogs
An organized content marketing strategy will ensure your marketing message has a cohesiveness along all platforms. This also makes it easier to figure out whether or not you are having the positive impact you desire. With a documented and planned strategy, your teams will have a clear direction—along with a sense of control—for rolling out your marketing campaigns.
Add Live Video to Your Marketing Plans
A lot of people hesitate to do videos, but they continue to provide a lot of value for businesses in 2021. Although pre-recorded video is more polished because of editing, nothing beats a live video for increased engagement. Think of it as a personal video call with another person à la Facetime—but you can broadcast to many people instead of just one.
Here are some reasons live video is so crucial:
Use Featured Snippets to Boost Credibility
- Mobile usage is at an all-time high, and the most convenient platform for mobile is video. When you create a live video, you are giving your mobile users a great experience that is also convenient for them to consume.
- Apps such as Snapchat and Tik Tok, which are particularly popular with the younger generation, show just how much short videos matter now—and in the future.
- You can create a video anywhere. Set up your phone on your car dashboard while you are seated in a parking lot and record. You’ll have a video with just as much impact as one that was created in front of a green screen and highly edited. Feel free to use informal backgrounds with your videos that give viewers a snippet of your work or home environment. This personalizes the experience for your viewers.
Not everyone knows what a featured snippet is, but almost everyone has seen them. Featured snippets are the information box that appears at the top of a page after you’ve entered your search term. These valuable tidbits give users answers to their questions in a quick snapshot.
When you rank at the top of a result page, you’ll probably get more traffic. Not only that, but it validates your site’s authority. Appearing as a featured snippet should be part of your content marketing strategy. There is no way to know for sure exactly how Google ranks and chooses websites to be a top result, but if you follow these tips, you’ll up your chances:
Improve the Mobile Experience for Users
- Make sure your content is easy to read. Use short paragraphs and bulleted lists. Create compelling headlines and write concisely.
- Answer a specific question with a step-by-step answer.
- Use structured data so Google will understand your content better.
We’ve been hearing about the importance of the mobile experience for years now, but it’s even more essential now than ever before. Today, Google indexes the mobile version of your website first. Your mobile site should load in 3 seconds or less, and it should be highly user-friendly. (This article
goes into more detail on just how critical mobile design is for your website.)
Be Credible to Add Certainty to Lives
If there is one takeaway from 2020 it’s that businesses need to be sensitive and listen to their audience in terms of what matters to them. There is so much uncertainty in people’s daily lives these days, values like integrity and transparency are more important than ever before.
Here are the messages you are likely to see in 2021:
- Saving money
- Focusing on low risk
- Emphasizing community
- Being mindful of common struggles
Don’t be afraid to use emotions in your content. Emotions enable you to connect with customers on a deeper level. Emotions are a great way to get attention in a digital space where there is heavy competition.
Prepare Yourself for a Different Time
Plenty of businesses came to a screeching halt during the lockdowns of 2020 because of the pandemic. But one area that has continued to grow is content marketing. Smart businesses will continue to use content marketing as an essential part of their overall marketing plan as a way to connect and engage with customers.
Not sure what to do? As we gear up for the next year, now is a great time to reach out to a Denver content marketing company to figure out a plan for your business. Denver Website Designs
can help you design a digital marketing strategy that will put business’ best face forward. Call (303) 997-1601 to talk about improving your business’ Denver content marketing and SEO strategy in the upcoming new year.