Why You Should Update Your Website Content and Not Just Your Website Design
October 27, 2021
As a business owner, you already know you need an online presence. If you are a smart business owner, you know that there is more to a website than creating one that looks good and functions well. It’s never enough to simply get your website up and running—then forget about it. The key to a website that drives traffic and leads to conversions is to keep updating the website’s content.
Here are the reasons to keep your website content fresh.
The Why Behind Keeping Content Fresh
Websites should never be left to languish and become stagnant. Here’s why:
- To provide value to your customer base. Think about it: You get a visitor to your site who looks around at some of your pages. They may look for a blog or other current content—but not find anything. Perhaps they spend some time looking at your product or service page, but ultimately, they hop off and move on to one of your competitor’s sites. There, they find a regularly updated blog that reports industry news. They find videos and articles that are constantly being updated and added to. They return to the site in the future, finding more valuable content. Eventually, they turn from browser to customer—and you have lost out.
- To create a recognizable personality for your brand. Your website is the perfect place to saturate your brand with its unique personality. Social media is another way to demonstrate what distinguishes your brand from that of your competitors. Keep in mind that published content is available to prospective buyers whenever they want to see it—even when they can’t talk to a sales rep, they can still gain an impression of your company.
- To gain search engine optimization (SEO) benefits. Search engines love content, and they are constantly scanning sites to index pages and images. The more you update your content, the more search engines will start to recognize your site as an authority, and you’ll eventually start seeing improvement in your ranking. There is a caveat, however: Don’t write your content for search engines. Write for real people. What that means is creating content that is engaging, educational, and digestible.
The How Behind Creating Good Content
Many business owners might worry that writing content on a regular basis is going to be a challenge. After all, content operations require a major commitment. A lot of this insight will come from the expertise you have in your business niche. But there are ways to keep the fresh content ball rolling, including:
- Write about industry news.
- Write a case study about how one of your customers overcame a problem.
- Write a feature about one of your customers.
- Interview experts in your niche.
- Create a video talking about one of your products or services.
- Create an infographic that spells out a complicated issue your customers might be dealing with.
Keeping your website updated is something all businesses should strive for, but your customers—and your bottom line—will appreciate it!
If you need help with your website design and website contact, reach out to Denver Website Designs today!.